In historic downtown Gretna, City Hall is located at the intersection of 2nd Street and Huey P. Long Avenue, 1 block from the Mississippi River Levee.
Located at the intersection of 2nd Street and Huey P. Long Avenue, Gretna City Hall was built C. 1907 on mud streets as the Jefferson Parish Courthouse. In 1964 the parish leased it to the City of Gretna and it became Gretna City Hall.
Continued restoration of this historic building is constant. Its splendid architecture is highlighted with a pictorial history of the city and its famous people.